[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Magnifier vs Classical TC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 11:15:05 -0400 (EDT)
From: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Magnifier vs Classical TC

<<   I think you are correct when you say more energy would be coupled into
the
 >secondary. The magnifier is theoretically more efficient in transferring
> electrical energy compared to the classical TC. However, I do not believe
> this has ever been proven by proper tests. Tests I have made with small
TC's
> do not indicate any improvement. However, small coils are already very
> efficient so magnifiers may only show an improvement with large coils.

    John Couture

John,

To properly compare a small magnifier and a classic TC, we would
have to quench on the first beat freq. notch, I have not been able to
achieve this in a small magnifier even at a loose k = .29.  I don't
know if anyone has had better quenching results.   I guess one way
to compare would be to *degrade* the quench of the classic coil to
match that of the magnifier.  A strange concept, but it may shed a
little light.

John Freau