[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Help!(with wire size) Please!!

From: 	Geoffrey Schecht[SMTP:geoffs-at-onr-dot-com]
Sent: 	Thursday, September 04, 1997 12:04 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Help!(with wire size) Please!!

We have about 5 pounds of #30 Litz at work. I may liberate some to try a
coil with it.

I'm considering trying to thread something like 6" PVC or ABS drainpipe
with a 32 tpi thread of fairly shallow depth. Then you just lay the wire in
the grooves and give them a light coat of lacquer to hold them in place.
Different thread pitches would give varying results due to the effects of
the interwinding capacitance. It should also do interesting things to
things like winding proximity effect.

Geoff