[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: To Kevin

From: 	Alfred A. Skrocki[SMTP:alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com]
Sent: 	Sunday, September 14, 1997 9:21 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: To Kevin

On Friday, September 12, 1997 5:09 PM DR.RESONANCE
[SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net] wrote;

> Common TC application is the computer & TV set.  The CRT's use a small high
> frequency transformer called a "flyback" that generates the high voltage to
> accelerate electrons down the tube to strike the screen.  Flybacks usually
> run around 30 KHZ and are, in effect, small Tesla coils.

NO! NO! NO! A flyback transformer has NOTHING in common with a Tesla
coil in ANY way shape or form! There was a rather long thread on this
matter not that long ago. The last time I saw an actual Tesla coil
used in a TV was in one of the very early electrostatic deflection
TVs.

> Tesla's main contribution with the TC was the concept of tuned circuits,
> ie, the tuned LC tank circuit in the primary and sec systems.  This formed
> the basic building block of all radio transmitters and receivers from his
> time forward.  He actually received the patent for radio in 1946, 3 years
> after his death.  Hope this helps to enlighten the "bright people".

Now you cooking! I might add that the deplorable educational system
in this country still insists that Marconi was the inventor of radio,
so much so that my daughter was suspended when she bought in a copy
of the Supreme court decision that Tesla NOT Marconi was the rightfulrightful
inventor of radio!

			       Sincerely

				\\\|///
			       (  -at- -at-  )
			   Alfred A. Skrocki
		  Alfred.Skrocki-at-CyberNetworking-dot-com
			     .ooo0   0ooo.
			       \_)   (_/