[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tuned circuit

From: 	Edward V. Phillips[SMTP:ed-at-alumni.caltech.edu]
Sent: 	Wednesday, September 24, 1997 2:35 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re:  Tuned circuit

"Ed,

Ever consider employing a car battery as a LP filter?  You would get
an annoying side-effect that the battery would keep charging up, but
you could dump that unwanted energy by using the power to operate
lights around your home at night.

rwstephens"
	I never said I could draw much POWER from the antenna!  The
200 ma RF is in a very high Q tuned circuit, and represents at most
a few milliwatts of power.  The same circuit will develop about 20 VDC
across an (almost open) circuit when a diode rectifier is connected
in parallel with the coil (which is series tuned with the antenna),
but the maximum current is only about 5 ma short circuit.
Ed