[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

smooth sphere vs unsmooth sphere

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Friday, April 03, 1998 7:04 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: smooth sphere vs unsmooth sphere

to: Tristian, Bert, Sulaiman, et. al:

We used a rotating field mill electrostatic voltmeter to take measurements
of potential difference for some of our various different sizes of Van de
Graaff generators.  Between two spheres of dis-similar size, ie, 18 inch
main to 9 inch (2:1 ratio) and other 2:1 ratio sizes we were obtaining
nearly consistent readings of 26.4 kV/cm which is in near agreement to the
3 kV/mm as mentioned.  These were DC potentials.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net