[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

30MHz Spark Gap Testing - Is this real??

----------
From:  Antonio C. M. de Queiroz [SMTP:acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br]
Sent:  Monday, April 06, 1998 6:09 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: 30MHz Spark Gap Testing - Is this real??

Terry wrote:

>         I believe that I have made a new and significant discovery regarding spark
> gap operation.  My experiments, which deal with the measurements of voltages
> and currents in the primary circuit, have shown that the operation of the
> spark gap is not that of a simple switch.

Where is this antenna placed?
You may be observing oscillations of the primary coil with its self-capacitance and/or
the capacitance of the spark gap and other parasitics.
Add small high-voltage capacitors in parallel with the spark gap or in parallel with
the primary coil and see if something changes.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq