[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

DIY Ball Lightning

----------
From:  Jim Lux [SMTP:jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net]
Sent:  Wednesday, April 08, 1998 10:59 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: DIY Ball Lightning

I think the relevant parameter is a bunch of current, sub batteries or 750
kVA distribution transformer or whatever. There is a bit of literature
which talks about these switch gear induced plasma balls being distinctly
greenish (Cu ion emission?). Perhaps the arc blows off a cloud of copper
(or Al or whatever) particles which then burn down in a manner similar to
the carbon in the microwave candle scheme.  As pointed out in a previous
post, an emission spectra would be the desired thing here... Anyone out
there with a good diffraction grating and a fast camera.....