[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Help with spark gap adjustment

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Monday, April 13, 1998 10:21 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Help with spark gap adjustment

to: Michael

You will get a power arc from the xmfr and no resonant oscillations if the
cap is not in the circuit.  At 60 Hz your pri/sec oscillations xmfr does
not work hence no output.  You need the cap in the circuit.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net

> From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To: 'Tesla List' <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> Subject: Help with spark gap adjustment

gap discharge, it does not produce anysparks off the secondary.  My
question is should the spark gap be able to fire without the capacitor
connected?  I think the reason I am getting no output is that the coil is
running at 60Hz.  Any how any info you all can provide would be great.
Thanks in advance        Michael Andrus