[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

40MHz Spark Gap Behavior

----------
From:  John H. Couture [SMTP:couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net]
Sent:  Wednesday, April 15, 1998 12:17 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: 40MHz Spark Gap Behavior

  Terry -

  Don't forget that Tesla coils can magnify power but not energy. Enormous
continuous energy in the TC requires enormous energy from the electric
utility company. The TC cannot lose 0.2 joules (energy) with only .034
joules to begin with unless energy is stored. However, a small amount of
energy can produce a very large burst of power and this is what happens in a
Tesla coil..

  John Couture