[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Solid state cameras (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 09:39:59 EDT
From: Rscopper-at-aol-dot-com
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Solid state cameras (fwd)

Gary,

I've tried to get photos using a Kodak DC50, and while it gives excellent
photos of a non-operating coil, All I got was black fuzz from a working coil -
even just a 1KW coil 10 feet away.  I didn't try any shielding around the
camera, I didn't want to distroy it experimenting (since I was borrowing it).

I haven't heard of a digital camera with a "long exposure" time such as the
"B" setting.  The cool thing, however, is that you can digitally overlay the
images if the camera is on a tripod and doesn't move. The Kodak didn't have a
remote shutter release though.

I got my best pics with an old 35mm at f2.8 "B" 4-seconds on non-operating
(with a flashlight pointed at the coil), then 1-2 seconds of sparks operating.
It's harder to get the photo shop to take their developer off of automatic and
actually "look" at what they are doing to get the best final photo.  The pic I
use in the WinTesla splash screen has printed on the back CKM 21+00 NNNNN+26
779.  (these somehow translate to the developer settings).

Good luck.

Scott