[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Saturable reactors?

Hello,

The construction of a 'home brew' saturable reactor is quite a bit more
complicated that it first appears.  I looked into the potential of an SR to
control my pig, about a year ago.  Most SRs are wound on an E-I core with
the controlling winding on the center leg.  The outer two legs contain the
reactance windings.  They must be wound in opposite directions to cancel
their MMF to eliminate inducing AC in the control winding.  The control
winding is usually several HUNDRED turns of 24 or so AWG wire, and is