[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Toroid Design

> There are two part spray foams available as industrial products that
> employ a hardener catalyst just like epoxy which should do the job and
> I've wanted to try this myself but it remains on my enormously long
> 'Things To Do List'.
>
> Please let us know if you try this.
>
> Robert W. Stephens

Just to pick a nit as it were:
It is not a catalytic reaction at all. A catalyst is not normally made
part of the final product, but merely assists the reaction. In the case
of createing polyisocyanate, you combine Polyol and Isocyante, which combine
in a rather highly exothermic reaction. Care must be taken to avoid
spontanious(sp?) combustion. I would be concerned with anything over about
8"
in thickness. Granted, the burn is very slow, more like a smoldering,
smoking
mess, but it does produce rather nasty toxic fumes. I've sprayed enough of
that
crap to know.

Michael Baumann
Coiler, Homebrewer, Nerd. mycroft-at-access1-dot-net