[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Opposed Resonator

----------
From:  Bert Pool [SMTP:bertpool-at-ticnet-dot-com]
Sent:  Sunday, February 22, 1998 11:17 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Opposed Resonator

No, no, Malcom, not a waste of wire!  At least not this test coil.
If further testing shows the coil to be unsuitable for Tesla coil
use, then a waste of wire.  But a very valuable contribution to
knowledge!  If the coil can be made to resonate at 7 mhz, how small a
cap would it require?  What characteristics would such an operational
coil have?  I see this as a way to drastically change the parameters
of big coils - maybe much smaller caps and tops required.  Big coils
tend to have massive single bolts that don't branch out like the
sparks of smaller higher frequency coils.  Perhaps this is a way to
have branching high freq sparks at very high power levels.  I'm very
interested in seeing what else you find on this coil now that you've
wound it.

Bert Pool
TCBFW
bertpool-at-ticnet-dot-com