[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Questions about Tesla Coil for lighting purposes? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 19:46:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: Michael Nolley <mhnolley-at-willamette.edu>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Cc: 'Tesla List' <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Questions about Tesla Coil for lighting purposes?

On Wed, 24 Jun 1998, Tesla List wrote:

> ----------

	Tesla, BTW, did a copious amount of research earlier in his career on
alternative lighting (non-Edisonian).  He designed several high
frequency bulbs which were connected either inductively or directly
through a single wire to an early tesla coil.  They consisted of tiny buttons
made of carborundum or diamond dust which when excited in very high
vacuums would flouresce strongly.  You might experiment with this-- the
book was once available from Lindsay publications-- it is called
"Experiments with Alternate Currents of High Potential and High
Frequency" a lecture delivered in 1891 by Tesla to the institution of
Electrical Engineers in London.
			--Mike