[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Questions about Tesla Coil for lighting purposes? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 19:36:12 -0700
From: georgia house <organic-at-intouch.bc.ca>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Questions about Tesla Coil for lighting purposes?

>> Hi, I'm studying the useage of Tesla Coils as a means for cheap lighting
>> systems and I was wondering if anyone has done any work on this,
>
>RF powered fluorescent bulbs w/edison sockets are readily available
>at any good hardware store, they should be ideal for your study.

Baiscally, I would like to see how many burnt out 40w flourescent tubes
could be light continuosly off of a single coil, by wires connected to the
tubes. As well, I would like to see what would be the furthest practical
distance that I could light a flourescent tube off of a coil, again with
wires. From what I gather the coil would have to be between 20-50 watts. I
am unsure of what would be a good frequency to tune the coil to to achieve
this. Has anyone out there in Teslaland tried anything like this that they
would like to share? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Conrad