[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

opened pulse cap

----------
From:  Barton B. Anderson [SMTP:mopar-at-mn.uswest-dot-net]
Sent:  Friday, March 20, 1998 3:57 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: opened pulse cap

Tesla List wrote:

> ----------

Bert, I wonder if the cap you have is possibly a high voltage flashlamp application?

Maybe too high voltage if this single cap were used?

I have about 30, 100uF caps in the garage configured identically to yours in every
detail.
I tore a couple apart as well as unrolled one or two. Beautiful rollup job these
professional machines do. (Actually, the operators of these machines are very
skilled). Too bad about the capacitance ratings, isn't it. The company I work uses
my caps for flashlamp applications, however, although the caps are 100uF, they are
series'd 4 caps per lamp. I was just thinking the cap you have may have been
designed for a similar application.
|_Bart_|