[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: transformer rewind

Ron,
	110 primary turns at 220 volts is plenty of turns for a 8 in^2 center leg.
15kv and 22 awg sound good.  110*15000/220 = 7,500 turns.  So 3,750 turns on
each leg.  It should be easy to make.  It sounds like you have enough room to
go for 20kv.  Just make sure your caps can handle it.  If you have lots of
room on this transformer fill it up with insulation between layers of turns or
if you feel like you can do it and have enough room on this transformer you
can wind each secondary for 15kv.  Then if you wanted 15kv and lots of current
you could parallel them.  If you wanted 30kv you could put them in series.
Make sure the two secondary have the same potential and if they don't peel
some turns off until they do.  :)

Erik Schulz