[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Need Help.

OUCH!!!  I'm sure I'm not the only one whoreacted this way to this
post.....

> Original Poster: kc1-at-ime-dot-net
>
>     I need some help getting my first coil up and running. I'm using a
10000v
> 60ma neon sign transformer.  My primary is 1/4" copper tubing, in a normal
> helix, about 10 turns spaced approx. 1/4" apart. The secondary is 3"PVC
> with 21" of 24GA wrapped around it. I'm using two wine bottles and one 1
> gallon jug for caps. The spark gap is constructed of two 'L' brackets and
> bolts.
>     I turned on the power, nothing happened, there is juice going through
it,
> I touched a flourescent bulb to the primary and it lit.  How close to in
> tune does a coil need to be before you can get arcs and sparks out of it?
> Can anyone help me? suggestions for a discharge terminal? thanks!
>     I went by diagrams and info found here...
> http://www.altair-dot-org/tesla.htm#newcoil

Touching a powered primary with anything is risking life and limb to
say the least!!  Please DON'T!!  We've already heard about lost limbs
etc. this year. A lost life would be the last straw.

    My advice: READ the list Safety FAQ CAREFULLY

Your coil is obviously out of tune. Get hold of one of the programs
available through the list and find out how to correct it.

No apologies whatsoever for shouting.
Malcolm