[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Compressible stuff in your capacitor

At 11:27 14/10/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Original Poster: "Harri Suomalainen" <haba-at-cc.hut.fi>
>
>Nobody suggested this one so I will: If you like a closed cap
>and yet want to use it at any directions you can put something
>compressibble inside the cap. Then, just fill it up with out and
>leave no air space. I can imagine something like a bagfull of
>air could do the trick. That should just be strong enough to not
>break with the vacuum!

Good idea, but... What you can fill with air, can be compressed but won't
break or leak? Or what material can be sufficiently compressed (losing volume)
and doesn't contain air?

What I have been thinking, instead, is to use a pressure security valve to
screw on one of the two capacitor caps (or on the box wall). An easy
alternative
could be one of those from italian style coffe cookers: they have always got a
small one screwed on the side.

The problem is that probably their trigger pressure is too high for our
purpose: I have to look around for something like those.

 Marco Denicolai                   Vista Communication Instruments, Inc.
 Hardware Development Manager      www.vistacom.fi

 marco-at-vistacom.fi                 Kaisaniemenkatu 13 A
 fax:    +358-9-622-5610           SF-00100 HELSINKI
 phone:  +358-9-622-623-15         Finland

   Remember, Murphy was an optimist! I am not...