[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Calendar

>> Hi Chip/Terry all
>>
>> This is just a thought that occurred to me today.
>> I have just picked up my new 1999 calendar by Kent Wood, it is a
>> collection
>> of some of the best lighting photographs that Iv ever seen.
>> Now this got me thinking (painful I know) could we as a list be able to
>> put a Tesla coil calendar together????????
>>
>> There must be someone on the list with the necessary knowledge and skill
>> in
>> or know somebody in the printing/publishing industry that could help.
>>
>> Imagine 12 pictures of the finest coils from around the world on the
>> wall
>> for all to see.
>>
>> I'm sure that with over 500 members on the list that we could sell a
>> fair few.
>> Thoughts and comments please.

 I gather places like Kinko's can print them up very reasonably, and they
are fairly simple to do.  Just don't expect it to look quite like a
commercially produced glossy stock calendar.  My fiancee belongs to an
iguana mailing list (yes...she has a four foot iguana), and every year they
produce a calendar.    One person takes emailed JPEG submissions, and the
best images are chosen.  Original prints of those images are then made into
a calendar and sent out to all who wanted them.   Kinko's web site mentions
custom calendars, but that page seems to be under construction.

Charles Brush
http://www.foundrygroup-dot-com/cbrush/fun