[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Direct current coils

Hi Paul,

> Original Poster: "Paul R. Eitson" <xyme2-at-earthlink-dot-net>
>
>  Malcolm  i want to use 12 volt 400 amp direct current.
>
> Tesla List wrote:
>
> > Original Poster: "Malcolm Watts" <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
> >
> > Hi Paul,
> >
> > > Original Poster: "Paul R. Eitson" <xyme2-at-earthlink-dot-net>
> > >
> > > Does anyone know where I can obtain plans for a coil that runs off
> > > direct current?
<snip>

Wow!  That is a lot of current. I guess you are looking at a car
battery?  You are going to have to use some very big x-section
conductors to avoid loosing too much power. A better option would be
to aim for 24V -at- 200A or even 48V -at- 100A. The TC itself is no problem.
Just look for any designs around running at 4.8kW. The inverter will
need careful attention to avoid smoking some expensive silicon.
Sorry, no design off the cuff for that power supply. Apologies.

Malcolm