[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: You use a utility transformer?!

Chris, a pole pig is definately available if you are in the market. But
safety as you guessed is the most important consideration. Knowledge is
where safety starts. The best way to gain knowledge of a TC is to build one,
and a NST driven coil is a great place to start and will produce amazing
streamers. Get it working. Have fun with it. Learn all you can about the
coil and the dangers (in every part of the system). Then, get the fever for
a large system. Drive it with several NST's, a potential transformer, or
even a pole pig. After that, you can go after Bill Wysock's records and buy
a sub-station. My point is simple, start with a NST.

Bart