[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Building a New Magnifier

Dwight,
	I have used the fishing line before.  It has worked well for me.  20 gauge
sounds good.  At around 20 gauge and below you also get the added advantage of
easy winding since the turns will not try to over lap each other as much.
Acrylic will work good.  Wood works well as support structures.  Just make
sure that the primary doesn't arc over to the wood or you will have another :)
fire hazard.

	As far as where you put the cap and rotary gap it is more of where you like
it the best.  I think it should be outside a little, others think that it
makes no difference.  About potting that transformer.  Hmm, I have never tried
this.  Anybody out there try this?

Erik Schulz