[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: spark gap ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Date: Thursday, September 03, 1998 4:47 PM
Subject: Re: spark gap ?

My best static gap consisted of 9   1-1/2 by 3 inch copper tubes sitting
on rails of 3/4 inch PVC pipe. Maybe being open at both bottom and top
aided in cooling, but it worked well up to ~ 2 kW with neon transformers.
I set the gaps to .020 and the discharge would hit at a different place
on the tube nearly every time.Even running wide open for several
minutes didn't cause much heating, and the secondary discharge was
almost as long as with my (much more complicated) DC coil.

LR