[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEONS IN SERIES?

From: 	Zuma[SMTP:mwise-at-ns.sosis-dot-com]
Reply To: 	mwise-at-ns.sosis-dot-com
Sent: 	Wednesday, January 07, 1998 2:32 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	NEONS IN SERIES?

Lets say you have two 7500-at-30ma open frame(not potted). Is there any way
to run them in series safely. Is there some way to mount the cores
together. I have an idea but I don't know if it would work. First
mount the frames, then take two of the secondaries, wire them together
inseries and install them on one of the ends of the core. Doe the same
on the opposite end of the other. Now install the shunts and the
remaining room left and series the primaries and install. Then possibly
make a longer bracket to mechanically connect the two cores. See if this
helps any:

            ^     core1            ^ ^       core2          ^
            *************}{*********=*********}{*************

              sec+sec//shunts//pri    pri//shunts//sec+sec

Maybe that is clearer. But will it work??

Chrisj