[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: oil for caps

From: 	Alfred A. Skrocki[SMTP:alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com]
Sent: 	Friday, January 02, 1998 5:49 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: oil for caps

On Monday, December 29, 1997 12:41 PM Ed Sonderman
[SMTP:Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com]

> If the primary dielectric material of the cap is polyethylene with a K of 2.0
> to 2.3, using a high dielectric constant oil will not raise it.  The cap will
> measure the same - or very close, with either type of oil.

Definitely not so! Ask anyone who has used the Sunsil refrigerator
compressor oil, it doubles the capacitors value. Look in the archive there
was a big discussion on it several months back.

                                        Sincerely

                                         \\\|///
                                       \\  ~ ~  //
                                        (  -at- -at-  )
                                    Alfred A. Skrocki
                                Alfred.Skrocki.Sr-at-JUNO-dot-com
                            alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                       Visit my Do-It-Yourself Aquarium WEB page at;
                        http://www.geocities-dot-com/CapeCanaveral/4606
                                      .ooo0   0ooo.
                                        \_)   (_/