[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Adj. Pri. Cap

----------
From:  Bill Noble [SMTP:william_b_noble-at-email.msn-dot-com]
Sent:  Sunday, January 25, 1998 12:50 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Adj. Pri. Cap

it would seem to me that a near optimal design would be to copy the standard
tuning condenser from an older radio - two half circles (yes, I know the
radio ones aren't circles), one affixed to the bottom of your bucket, then
some insulation and oil, then the other half circle.  you could (if you felt
the urge) stack these up.  this could be adjusted with virtually no
displacement of oil, and could be adjusted with the coil running if you used
a non-conducting shaft.

snip