[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Welding teflon (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 20:55:44 +0100
From: Steve Rodway <Legion-at-legion-elec.demon.co.uk>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Welding teflon (fwd)

Tesla List wrote:

> [...]
	I have personally managed to achive a weld in telfon useing a V.large
(150W) soldering iron which was temperature controlled to 350C, the
welding process was very difficult, and required considerable pressure,
but it is possible.  This was some time ago, but I do seem to remember
getting a funny smell off the telfon, but that could just have been a
residue on the iron. In any case, better safe than sorry, so the
sugestion of good ventilation seems a wise idea.
--
*Stephen Rodway             Legion-at-Bigfoot-dot-com *  Support your local *
*Tel. +44 1684 567588                          *     coroner....     *