[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: photo flash caps. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 15:48:15 -0500
From: Jeff Corr <corr-at-enid-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: photo flash caps. (fwd)

Recently, well yesterday actually,  a friend brought 30 of them to
my votech class.  The instantantious current measured on my DMM
says the peak discharge current is .65 amps at 320V, or 208 watts.
This is only for a microsecond however.  The shock is bad enough to
knock you on your butt (tried and tested :-)  , but I don't think it is very
dangerous unless it happens to go through your entire body.  If
touching the cap itself, it will only pass through your hand.  Hurts VERY
bad.  I intend to make one of these a stun gun for my own personal safety,
it hurts that bad.  But as to its lethality, not likely at all.