[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Not shooting for anything gloriuous, but...

Please bear in mind as you read this message that I am not attempting
to build a solid-state coil. The primary is unmeasured and hand
shaped. The secondary is wound on a wrapping paper tube. I am not
looking for help abot that - I know perfectly well that it is silly.
However, I need some help regarding the capacitor. I plan to use
something of the salt water type. If I put water in a two liter soda
bottle and dissolve ordinary table salt (lots of it) until it stops
dissolving, then wrap the outside with aluminum foil, will it worr?
Should I use several in series? In parrelell? Please help.

By the way - when a capacitor is measure in farads, what exactly does
the number mean? I understand that it is coulumbs(forgive the
spelling) per volt, but what does that mean, practically? What is the
difference, say, between 0.002 uF and 25 uF? Any clarifying comment
would help. Thanks.

Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn-dot-com