[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: low voltage

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: BAREN01-at-aol-dot-com
>
>   I was wondering, what is the lowest voltage any one has ever heard of in
> the tesla primary?  What are some approiate techiniques for doing so?
> Espicially for the spark gap or switch of what ever kind is nessessary (I
> will have trouble with any complex semi-conductor circuits)?
>   I was curious about the lower frequency of resonance and figured that the
> best way to get the high capacitance and inductance nessisary I would need
> lower voltages.  If anyone  can offer advice I would appricate it.
>   Ramsey

I've run my TC off a signal generator with about 1 volt on the primary
(no gap necessary).. Sure enough, the secondary voltage is higher... Not
much power there....

You might want to look into references on VLF transmitters (like those
used for Omega, around 10 kHz) and antennas. There will be useful
information on component selection, ratings, how to get large amounts of
power (pretty easy at 10 kHz, these days), and so forth.

If you are under 1 kV, then semiconductor devices will work admirably...