[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: low voltage

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: BAREN01-at-aol-dot-com
>
>   I was wondering, what is the lowest voltage any one has ever heard of in
> the tesla primary?  What are some approiate techiniques for doing so?
> Espicially for the spark gap or switch of what ever kind is nessessary (I
> will have trouble with any complex semi-conductor circuits)?
>   I was curious about the lower frequency of resonance and figured that the
> best way to get the high capacitance and inductance nessisary I would need
> lower voltages.  If anyone  can offer advice I would appricate it.
>   Ramsey

I guess a good way to learn is to start posting and stop lurking...

Depends on the type of coil you use:
If it is solid state, I have used 30-40 volts.
If it uses a spark gaps then it can be any voltage as long as the gap is
smally enough.
I would think it would be too hard to build a gap that works under a few
thousand volts, because the gap would have to be very close.

I have a question though. How does lower voltage give you more inductance? Is
it just that you can wind more wire closer together?

Anyone else have anything to say?
Marius Grigoriu