[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: frequency (fwd)

Brent,

It could be possible to drive a gapless TC using something like a Thyratron or
other HV switch tube to deliver the bangs instead of the gap, but a
standard tube
coil arrangement simply uses the primary circuit (cap and pri. coil) as the
anode
load in a high-powered tube (eg 811s, 833A's, etc)  RF oscillator. Feedback
to the
grid is often derived from a small 'coupling' winding below the base of the
secondary.

Alex