[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Grounding Rod Troubles

Thanks a lot for all the responses!!

Just thought I'd let you know what I've actually done/plan on doing.

I heard somewhere that about 3 2-3ft. ground rods spaced 5 ft. apart can
handle about 1KVA of power.  I'm in my (small) basement, so I'm not going
past that any time soon.

I just made an equilateral triangle with 5 ft. sides, with once of the
vertices about 1ft. away from a basement window.  I plan on watering the
ground before use, and connecting the ground rods to each other via some low
gauge building wire.  Copper strap is a pain, I couldn't find it, I know its
somewhat expensive judging from the price of aluminum flashing, and I don't
think its really necessary at my power level.

Also, the wire will be much easier to run through the wall into my basement.
The only thing I'm worried about is whether I might get arcs through the
insulation to pipes in the wall.  This is probably silly, but I'd appreciate
it if someone would dispel my fears.

Thanks again,
Adam