[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

NST Filter and Spark Gap Resistance

Hi All,

	I was testing my spark gap without the secondary in place tonight.  As it
turns out my new rotary presents about 1 ohm of resistance to the primary
circuit and not 2.5 as I thought (that was the old rotary gap resistance).
I must have done something right on the new gap :-))

I also measured the waveforms before and after my NST filter to verify that
it was working.  A graphic with the details is at:

	www.peakpeak-dot-com/~terryf/tesla/misc/Filter.jpg

The actual noise from the gap is much higher than I expected (but I am not
surprised).  However, the filter is designed to filter even the full
primary waveform (as in NST across the primary cap use) so it still does great!

Cheers,

	Terry