[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Primary Construction

At 06:56 PM 07/30/1999 -0600, Tesla List wrote:
>Original Poster: "Choad" <choad69-at-geocities-dot-com>

>Daniel,
>    You could probably use #12 wire with little noticable diffrence from the
>tubing.
>Wintesla seems to be a little off on the calculations of the number of feet,
>at least
>for me. I went and got 20' of tubing and ended up with 7 turns when I was
>suspose
>to get 8. I just plan on getting two 50' sections and making my next primary
>by joining
>the two together, unless I can find 100' of tubing.

I used Wintesla for my 6" secondary - 15/60 NST/01. mfd cap
coil specs and it originally called for 66' feet of 1/4" tubing with
my initial plan of using a 15 degree primary. Since I went to the
flat spiral primary, it dropped it down to 62 feet of tubing. I wound
the primary with my girlfriend's help a few days ago and Wintesla
was off by a few feet. It didn't matter though as I had bought
two 50' coils of tubing and just used a nail with the head cut off to
splice the additional 12 foot section together. Worked real good
and the primary came out very well. Thank gosh for HDPE. :-)

They might make 100' coils of 1/4" refrigeration tubing, but I've
never seen them, just the 50 foot coils.

Don

---

"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God" - Thomas Jefferson