[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: tuning coils

Ed,
Maybe my question wasn't clearly posted. I noticed in the archives that
Richard Hull made some experimental tuning or receiving coils by winding
quick secondaries lower than the frequency of the transmitter coil,
breakout, then unwinding the receiving coil until spark discharge or
corona broke out. He then used these for various experiments (rf leakage
wireless transmission, etc.).

According to my physics books, an harmonic is simply multiplications of
a particular frequency. Now Tesla stated in some of his patents on
wireless transmission, that the receiving coil was of the same frequency
or harmonic thereof.

I wanted to know if anyone on this list has experimented with such. I am
just starting to work in this area, but it'd be nice if someone else has
pushed this way also.

Bob V