[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tesla coil caps for sale!

I have for sale a limited number of excellent used pulse caps, suitable for
Tesla coil use.  These are the very same caps used in the Wart Hog coil.
To see a pic of this coil in operation, go to:

http://www.ticnet-dot-com/bertpool/bp_z2.jpg

We currently use 3 of these caps in parallel for 0.075 ufd in the Hog.

These caps are rated 28 kvdc, 0.0205 ufd, 800 pps, and are made by GE.
They are about 12 by 12 by 4 inches and weigh maybe 18 pounds.  Metal
case, single large ribbed glass insulator.

No, I have no idea whether they are filled with PCB or mineral oil.  They
work as well as our $400+ Maxwell pulse caps. They could be filled with
Velveeta cheese, for all I know.

Although the voltage rating is 28kvdc, we run these on a 14.4 kv, 10 kva
pig for runs of up to 4 minutes and have had no cap failures in a year of
running.  Several of you saw these caps perform live at last year's Texas
Teslathon - indeed, we had to wipe visitor drool off them between coil runs.

$250 each, you pay shipping.  Money orders, no checks.  Serious coilers
only.  If you're in Oklahoma or Texas, you may want to drive here (Ft.
Worth) and pick them up in person and save yourself the shipping costs.

Contact Bert Pool at:   bertpool-at-ticnet-dot-com