[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Unconventional coiling

Hi all: funny thing about reading the FBI files: I accidentally clicked off
to find admission letter to this list. I think this is where I'm supposed to
be. I think I will be the first to accomplish some things that others on
this list might also  accomplish if they so desire. I claim to have
discovered something that seems baffling  to some so I will immediately
describe it.
This is a circuit containing a switch that when open makes a series resonant
circuit,and when closed makes a parallel resonant configuration. An arc gap
at this switch can assume the traditional function of causing a high
frequency similar to that of the arc gap of a tesla primary. Using this
system I have been able to produce lightening discharge of 1/3 inch over
water for under 10 watts and no transformer. (120vac input) This discharge
has the characteristic violet flittering  action inherent in tesla like
discharges.In fact since this discussion list is involved with this sparking
I will convey a significant difference in this arc gap.The traditional arc
gap primary set up  is a tank circuit in which the arc can represent  a
short to the transformer. In the case of the binary resonant arc gap the
short represents instead a maximum impedance which immediately then
extinguishes the arc. Thus no quenching is necessary. I also thought no
rotary arc gap would be necessary but now I am seeing a specific application
for one. A description of the binary resonant circuit is contained at
www.insidetheweb-dot-com/mbs.cgi/mb124201 in the second entree after the
forward. Some of you coilers might want to correct my first assessment
concerning resonance if it seems wrong; feel free to make comments,thats
what a message board is for. Also watch out for the off-topic entrees which
this one may becoming. So to stick to the point I am attempting to resonate
an unconventional coiling of 15 500 ft spools of 18 gauge wire which should
establish a quarter wavelength value of 33,200 hz. which should correspond
to the 7500 ft. To resonate these according to the BRS method means I have
to have  two of these coil systems in mutual induction. This will take the
form of 15 coils in two rows placed side by side;essentially a toroidal
field. Now I may also wish to expand this experiment to include the
traditional method used in tesla coils but I have no idea how a primary
geometry could be employed for this. I also wonder if anyone has resonated a
tesla coil at low enough frequencies to be in the sound range. Any
suggestions or info appreciated and can someone suggest a good coiler book
besides the basics?
Sincerly Harvey D Norris