[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

standing waves, and 1/4 wave resonance

	These two topics have been discussed on the list for some time now, and I am
yet to adiquately understand either of them.  If any can offer difenitions and
analagies.

	I have now idea what standing waves are, but as I under stand it 1/4 wave
resonance is where the length of the wire is the exact length that the current
travels in the first 1/4 of the wave.  If I can visualize this correctly the
only analogy I can produce is this.  Say you have a pool of water, and you
push the water in one direction, the wave will return, travel a little further
and resonate a little, which can be prepuated by the pushing at the correct
time.  Is this a fairly decent analigy?  If not please offer an annalogy that
might be more accurate.

Ramsey