[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RSG problems, help please?

tesla-at-pupman-dot-com on 15.02.99 23:11:17

To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
cc:    (bcc: Marco Denicolai/MARTIS)
Subject:  RSG problems, help please?

Original Poster: "Dale, Martin" <martin.dale-at-ntu.ac.uk>

>Hello all on list.

>Can anyone help me find out why my new RSG won't work very well?

>It's taken me nearly 4 months to build this thing!

But it will take you less to get yourself a scope and check the waveforms
cached by the simple probe connected nowhere.

It's an easy task and it can tell you very much about your TC/spark gap
health. There are so many possibilities that something goes wrong that the
simplest thing is really to check that waveform.

Your RSG can be too "fast", your tank supply can have too low current
capability, etc.etc.