[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Capacitance of a coil

"I would take a look at the famed NBS Circular (C54, I think it is).
I've
been meaning to scrounge up a copy since it is sort of the "bible" of
this sort of discussion, but have been busy on other things. I am sure
that they address the errors in the approximations to excruciating
detail. They certainly do on their circulars and bulletins on antenna
gains and noise powers."

	That is Circular 74, originally published in 1918 and reprinted (with
corrections) several times.  I have two of them, one of them being the
1918 edition which was given to me by a friend who bought it at the time
it was issued.  There is a lot of interesting stuff in there related to
the design of spark transmitters, in addition to the various inductance
and capacitance tables/formulae.

Ed