[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: SCR based coils

> Original Poster: NickandSim-at-aol-dot-com
>
> To All,
> an scr cannot be turned off once it is turned on.  The only way to
> turn it of is to cut the current flow through it.

It's been a little while since I did any in-depth study of power
electronics, but I seem to remember reading about GTO (gate turn-off)
thyristors - which is are SCRs that can be returned to a non-conducting
state by applying a negative trigger pulse to the gate.  Has anyone else
heard of these?  I think I still have the book that mentions them; I'll
see if I can find it.

Alan McIntyre
alan-at-fusion.pair-dot-com