[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

New parts

I went to the surplus again today to scope out some new parts, picked up a
*great* 7.5/30 NST that looks almost brand new, it has a grounded plug ( as
opposed to the case grounding I had on my OBIT ) and an on/off switch built
in and best of all it has 10awg thickly insulated output wires almost a foot
long coming out of it instead of the plug terminals my OBIT had. The plug
terminals inevitably caused a bad connection and every time I plugged the
OBIT in I could see the blue corona pouring out. I also found some caps while
I was there that look to be perfect for MMC use, I bought 20 of them today
and plan to go back this weekend for another 60. They are 1kv 0.05uF and I
plan to use them in four strings of 20 for a rating of 20kv 0.01uF.

Left, left, I hadda good brain but it left...
---Daniel