[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Wax Concentrates

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999 18:51:06 -0700, Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com>
>
> Tesla List wrote:
> >
> > Original Poster: "Harvey Norris" <tesla4-at-excite-dot-com>
> >
> > Why arent people adding titanium oxide to parafin and melting it. It
will
> > settle to a concentrate at the bottom of a testube. This core can be
removed
> > after cooling and the concentrate portion cut off . Numerous trials
like
> > this will yield a portion of concentrate that has settled to its
maximum
> > density according to gravity. This can be remelted around plates to form
> > capcitor with a much higher dielctric constant. I have done the same
process
> > with ferrite-wax mixtures. Concievably both of these could be mixed for
> > special experimental applications. I know that ferrite is very poor
choice;
> > thats why I said experimental. Strontium ferrite also has a high
dielectric
> > constant while also being magnetic. Stupid in Ohio HDN
> > > Yes I have made these concentrates, but never used them. I havent
built any coils for 5 years and am trying to catch on  to this cult like
awareness of the physics involved with tesla coils. I am entirely lacking in
this knowlege but wish to learn. I expected the objection of melt down but
who is to say that this can not function similar to oil filled caps. This
proposition is pretty "out there" and I just wondered if any one had thought
it practical. In as much as I dont quite understand the term lossy( does it
mean greater heat manifestation in the cap?) ; I will take your suggestion
that a wax concentrate is inpractical . Thanx HDN