[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

New wattmeter

Just wanted to let everyone on the list know about  a  Simpson analog
wattmeter we recently installed on our power supply.  It is a  4.5 inch
meter - wide-vue style, model 1379, catalog # 11000.  It is said to
correct for phase differences as we might find in our coil systems.  The
original meter has a 0-1500 watt range.  We used a 50:5 current
transformer to increase the range to 15 kw.  We also used custom 0 - 15
kilowatt scale.  On a recent run our output meters read 35 amps at 270
volts.  The meter gave a reading of 7.2 kw.  I suspect that this might
be a more accurate measure of our output.  Comments  are welcome.

Dave Euans