[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Plastic pipe

Hi
I was given a joint of plastic pipe today. I saw it and thought it looked like
HDPE but it turns out it is PVDF. The guy gave it to me anyway, even though the
book he had did not have any specs for its electrical properties. The stuff is
used to pipe gasses in the manufacture of integrated circuits and resists
higher temps. higher pressures and more corrosive chemicals than PVC. The guy
says this piece would cost about $400.
It's 3 7/8 ID 4 3/8 OD and 20' long. Very heavy.
Polyvinylidene Fluoride the chemical name.
Anybody know what this stuff is, its dielectric properties, and whether or not
it would bee any good as a secondary former?
 thanks in advance