[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Lexan Bobbin

>Max, If you submerse the whole thing in oil, it shouldn't need to hold up
>to even that. And, as only on leg of the secondary will be in close
>proximity to the primary, the volatge present will be at best half of the
>secondary output.

 I had originally planned to use oil but it would be very messy to fool with
if I had to make repairs or alterations.

Extra insulation will safeguard against kickbacks from the Tesla coil.

>I doubt it will take that long to wind the secondary, especially if the
>bobbin is (I hope) removale from the core/primary assembly. I'm currently
>making plans for a similar project--- could you share any
>insight/results?

 It might not have taken that long to wind if I had not injured my left
hand. It will take a few weeks to heal. Yes the secondary will be removable.
  The primary consists of three layers of 16 guage wire wound in parallel.
Each layer has 185 turns. Current draw with 120volts applied is 3amps.  The
secondary will have at least 10,000 turns of 24 guage heavy Nyleze. I will
try for more turns for higher voltage. But I may run out of winding window.
If you would like I can E-mail you some pictures.

                                                               Frankensteins
Helper

Max