[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

questions and new web site

Hello all.

First, I would like to humbly ask the folks on this list to visit a new
Tesla web site I've created at http://tesla.better-dot-org.  It is unique
(as far as I have seen) in that it is completely dynamic and is driven
by a web/online database.  It has a People directory where coilers can
enter as much or as little info about themself as they want.  This
directory can be searched online by almost anything imaginable,
including by name, by state, and by ZIP code.  It also has a vendor
directory which functions like the people directory and is designed to
help locate suppliers of a desired material.  Finally, it has a web page
directory where URLs can be submitted with a description and keywords;
this directory is of course searchable as well.  I think/hope this can
become a very useful resource.

Second, TC questions. :)
What I have: 10 60ma 15kV NSTs, sixteen inches of 24AWG wound on a 4"dia
PVC pipe, 50ft. of 3/8" soft copper 'fridge tubing, no toroid and no cap
at the moment

What size cap do I want and what size toroid?  Are two 60ma NSTs
overkill on this relatively small coil?  How many turns should I need in
my primary?

1) A while back I remember reading  that it is desirable to keep the H:W
ratio of the secondary at or under 4:1.  Is this true?
2) How much distance should be between the secondary form and the inside
turn of the primary?
3) What is the best method to affix/hold the turns of the primary?  I
don't have that much access to serious tools.
4) How does one cut plastic-type materials?
5) What is the best way to connect components (NST, cap(s), etc).
Again, I'm no metalworker so I'm thinking wire.  What should I look for
and where can I get it?
6) Where can I get toroids?

Well thanks to anyone who answers my dumb questions.