[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

=?iso-8859-1?Q?It=92s_Showtime!=3F?=

Hi All,

	I am thinking of joining Richard Hull, John Freau, and others in making a
video. It just looks too darn fun not to try.  I have never done anything
like this before so I have no idea how it will turn out ;-) Below is a list
I have of things I would “like” to cover:

Safety
Overall Coil Operation
Fiber Optic probe
	Construction, Use, Demonstration
Plane Wave Antenna
	Construction, Use, Demonstration
Variac Controller
	Construction, Operation
Line Filters and EMI Control
Neon Transformer
	Safety Gap, Power Factor Correction, Filter
Sync Gap
	Construction, Operation, Adjustment
Primary Coils
	Design, Construction
Secondary Coils
	Design, Construction
Top Terminals
	Design, Construction
Shop
	Tools and a look around
Varaics
	Some thoughts
MMC
	Design, Construction, tips, Caps
Test Equipment, Use, Tests
	Scope
	Frequency Counter
	Multimeter
	Signal Generator
	Current Meter
	Strobe
	HV probes
	LCR Meter
Tesla List
	Thoughts on Moderation
Coil Winder
	Design, Construction, Use
	Magnet Wire
Electrical Tests
	Coupling
	Primary Fo
	Secondary Fo
	AC Resistance
Spark Gaps
	Types and use
	Setting main gap width
	Setting safety gap width
	Quenching
Computer Programs
	MicroSim
	E-Tesla5
	Electrostatic field plotting
	Others
Math Stuff
	Inductance Calculation
	Capacitance Calculation
	Fo Calculation
Secondary Theory (Terry’s version ;-))
	Phase shift (or lack of) demonstration
Terry sitting on top of coil, reading the Bible, with 12 foot streamers
shooting from his tongue.  OOPS!  Sorry Jeff!  Just kidding ;-))

That is the list of things I have so far.  I have no idea if I can get it
all onto tape (6 hours) or how long it will take.  It will be an amateurish
production but that will make it easier ;-))

If anyone has any special requests or anything particular you want to see,
have me go, or talk about let me know.  It will not be just for beginners,
experts or anything like that, so everything goes.  The cost will just
cover duplication and shipping to keep my Tesla coiling budget firmly in
the red ;-)

Cheers,
	Terry
	terrellf-at-uswest-dot-net